How to Take Part in the Good Book Club
- DECIDE. Do I want to read The Story, which condenses the Bible into 31 easy-to-read chapters, or do I want to read the full Bible? Both options are good. If your weekly reading time is limited, go for The Story. If not, challenge yourself with the full Bible.
- PURCHASE YOUR BOOKS. Whether you choose The Story, the full Bible, or a mixture of both, be sure to have your books by September. Our Church Mouse Bookstore will take orders in July and August. (Payment is due upon order.) Remember, The Story comes in several age-appropriate versions, so the whole household can participate. Speak with Fr. Lonnie if cost is an issue.
- FOLLOW THE STUDY GUIDE. The study guide is the schedule that will take you week-by-week through the Bible this year. Depending on your commitment level, you can either read the assigned chapter from The Story each week, or you can read the specific books assigned from the Bible.
- COME TO SUNDAY SCHOOL. Sunday School is the primary way we’ll support one another through this experience. Adults will explore major themes and topics from the week’s readings, and our children and teens will learn related stories through hands-on, age appropriate lessons.
- ENJOY 2ND THURSDAY SUPPERS. On the second Thursday of each month we’ll have a light supper in the Parish Hall and go deeper into that month’s readings with guest speakers from near and far.
- FOLLOW ONLINE. We’ll post reading assignments and weekly food for thought at stannestifton.com and our Facebook page.
- TALK ABOUT IT. Talk about this experience with members of your household and with your friends.